Windhorst: Lakers are currently in a 'hiring freeze'

· Yahoo Sports

Right now, it isn't clear whether Josh Kushner and Bob Iger will end up buying only Mark Walter's majority share of the Lakers, or if they will also purchase the minority share the Buss family continues to currently own. Walter, who bought his majority stake last year from the Buss family, agreed to sell it to Kushner and Iger last week, and five of the six Buss siblings, except for Jeanie Buss, voted to sell their 17.8% stake to Kushner and Iger on Monday.

In Walter's brief time as the team's majority owner, the Lakers have started to build out their business and basketball operations and move past being operated in a manner akin to a mom-and-pop store. But that process isn't complete, and NBA reporter Brian Windhorst said on "The Hoop Collective" podcast that the franchise is now in a "hiring freeze."

Visit turconews.click for more information.

“The crazy thing here is that the Lakers were in the middle of this makeover for their team,” said Windhorst. “… I know of one guy who was a front office guy who was in the middle of leaving one team to go to the Lakers, and now all of a sudden they’re in a hiring freeze.”

In recent months, the Lakers brought in former NCAA title-winning coach Tony Bennett to be a draft advisor and Rohan Ramadas to be an assistant general manager in charge of analytics and handling the salary cap, among others.

General manager Rob Pelinka said a few months ago that the team intended to hire two assistant general managers, but it hasn't brought on board that second assistant GM yet.

Walter was looking to model the Lakers' operations after that of the two-time defending World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, the other local team he owns. Ramona Shelburne reported days ago that Kushner and Iger will continue to "Dodgerize" the Lakers, at least for now.

This article originally appeared on LeBron Wire: Windhorst: Lakers are currently in a 'hiring freeze'

Read full story at source